Wednesday 24 November 2010

Holidays are coming!


So it's getting close to that time of year and everyone has their own festive triggers.  For some it's shopping followed by hot chocolate and mallows, for others it's trimming up and advent, and for a few it's not until the eve of the day, for me it's none of these.  It's not a particular time of the approaching weeks, it's not trimming up (although I love doing this), it's certainly not the shopping in fact it's absolutely nothing I can control, I just have to wait patiently until it happens.
It has happened this year already!  This weekend totally unexpected as I was watching some mind numbing garbage on the TV the commercial break came on and there it was! That warm fuzzy christmassy feeling flooded over me as the sound of jingling bells was followed by the chanting "holidays are coming, holidays are coming..." Yes! it is the Coca Cola Christmas ad, for years it has been played out and to me it is my festive trigger; once it is being aired I feel it is time to get excited, time to send 'im indoors up to the attic to get the baubles, bells and broken fairy lights down, and definitely time to start getting gifts sorted out and panicking about how much I've left to get with little money (only one more payday between now and the day! eeek!).  So now I'm feeling the atmosphere of Christmas, bring on the carols, nativities, panto's and time to write my letter to Santa for all the Twilight stuff I've got my eye on, because no matter how much Twi-memorabilia I already have, it's never enough, I don't have a replica of Bella's ring, nor do I have the turquiose stone bracelet, I don't have a signed script, Eclipse bedding, Edward fleece blanket, all four books on audio, Robert Pattinson gift wrapped in nothing but a shiny bow *thud*..... see the list is endless, at least I give people plenty of choice!

So embrace the festivities and get excited because Holidays are coming!

 Leave a comment and tell me what your personal Christmas festive triggers are!


No comments:

Post a Comment