Tuesday 26 October 2010

The things kids say....

Ah, the innocence of children, they say the greatest things, sometimes just utterly funny, sometimes I think their comments could rival Prime ministers speeches.

My dear 4 year old son (twin 2, youngest by a minute) has led me to the subject of this blog tonight.  It is great wisdom of any parent to know when their child needs "to go" and believe me he needed "to go" a series of dancing around the room, followed by ministry of jiggles and finally ending with holding onto his tackle so nothing can escape! Why do children avoid going to the loo???? Both my husband and I looked at him, I asked if he needed a wee, his answer, with his best angelic look on his face - "no mummy".  Following a minute or so of further grabbing, pulling and squeezing, my husband says to him - "go to the toilet, you must need to go otherwise why are you holding your tinky winky?" (yes, that's what we call it - they're 4!) his answer, was clear, precise and said with a tone that implied that both my husband and I were a little simple and under-educated
"because it's just going to fall off if I don't"
and then he rolled his eyes at us!  Hasten to say, it wasn't in any danger of falling off, and once convinced to go he could of in fact wee'd for England he was that desperate!

I asked the same child upon emerging from school today, what had he done at school and was as usual met with shrugged shoulders, a snarl and answered "nothing".  So me, being clever asked him if he'd learnt any Astro Physics today, he rather loudly answered, "I don't think so mummy, what is Astro Physics, do you know?" - to which all I could do is look embarrassed as a collection of other parents looked at me to seek the answer and mumble that no, I didn't really know what it was.  That'll be the last time I try to outsmart a 4 year old on his turf!
My two sons - school - their turf!
They do sometimes make me proud when they come out with mis-information, like the time we were shopping and I pointed to the Johnny Depp calendar and said "ooh, look who that is", son number one answered loud enough for half the mall to hear "Daddy!" whilst pointing at said calendar, a proud moment at which I smiled and nodded to other shoppers.  It's also a smiley moment that any picture they see of Robert Pattinson, they point and say, "look mummy, its your Edward, he's a vampire isn't he", I love that they are so young and innocent and totally believe Edward Cullen is real and that he is indeed a Vampire and of course that he totally belongs to Mummy!.... ah yes, my Edward!

"My" Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment